Vigeo Eiris Brussels is hiring a Specialized Researcher Controversial Weapons
Permanent contract / full time / ASAP / Brussels
As part of the Controversial Weapons Research team, the Specialised Researcher will carry out primary screening research across the following main areas of work: identifying and assessing companies involved in the production of controversial weapons or in the provision of controversial weapons-related services, tracking states’ controversial weapons stockpiles and monitoring of programmes related to controversial weapons. Our research covers ten illegal and regulated weapons, including anti-personnel landmines, cluster munitions, chemical weapons, biological weapons, and nuclear weapons.
Vigeo Eiris’ data is utilised by investors worldwide to ensure compliance to international regulatory framework and domestic legislations on weapons and to support sustainable and responsible investments. Exclusionary screening/divestment has been among the primary sustainable and responsible investment (SRI) strategies adopted by institutional investors globally.
– Identify and assess companies’ involvement in controversial weapons-related products and services
– Collect, review and summarise all relevant available information and documentation (financial reporting, sustainability reporting, investor presentations, stakeholder communication) on the issues and companies under review.
– Contribute to quality assurance depending on level of knowledge
– Provide knowledge or process support to Product Manager or Product Lead in client inquiries and other sales enablement activities
– Contribute to initiatives aimed at enhancing product content, optimise processes, and improve client experience
– Monitor ESG market debates and contribute to the team or BU’s discussions
Skills & competencies: (junior profile)
- Ability to collect, analyse and synthesise information from various sources to create a meaningful analysis
- Strong writing and communication skills; able to articulate analytical viewpoints
- Organisation, rigour, ability to manage tasks independently and meet deadlines
- Critical thinker and solutions-focused; self-motivated and able to work in cross-geographical and cross-cultural settings
- Academic background in related discipline (International Relations, Security Studies, Strategic Studies, Conflict Studies, Peace Studies, Development, Sustainability, CSR, etc)
- Understanding of and interest in the defence industry sector and national defence acquisition programmes
- Open source intelligence skills
- Experience with technical document research and information management
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, Korean or Russian would prove an asset
- Ability to balance operational expectations with quality (time management)
Application deadline: 15 May 2019
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Vigeo Eiris Belgium supports a proactive diversity policy. Vigeo Eiris Belgium aims to reflect the diversity of the Brussels population in its workforce. We therefore encourage all people to postulate, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, social background, religion, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disabilities, political opinion, age or sensitive medical conditions.